Admission Standards & Transferring Credit
What we look for
足球直播比分We're excited to welcome over 200 new transfer students every year. We offer over 100 undergraduate programs that cross disciplines and provide hands-on, active learning opportunities, and we want to see that you've worked toward similar values in your education so far.
足球直播比分If you've built a strong college resume and you're searching for a new path within our community, we encourage you to apply.
There are a few things we like to see first and foremost when we evaluate transfer applications.
- A Competitive GPA: around a 3.0 (B average) or better is our usual expectation.
- A 3.3 GPA or higher is considered competitive for merit scholarships
- Challenging Coursework: We like to know that you've taken your time in college seriously. A visoka-sola.comcation is rigorous, and we want to know that you're ready to take on the challenge.
- Special Circumstances: We'd like to hear about any mitigating circumstances that might have affected your academic resume. We'll take these into account when evaluating your application.
Will My Credits Transfer?
足球直播比分We accept transferred credit for courses that reasonably match courses offered here at DU.
What's the minimum grade required to transfer credit?
In order for credits to transfer, you must have achieved a grade of C- (1.7 on a 4-point scale) or better in each course for a class to be considered for transfer of credit.
What's the conversion between semester hours and quarter hours?
We use the quarter system here at DU, so you might have to convert your credits from semester hours into quarter hours.
- 1 semester hour = 1.5 quarter hours
足球直播比分Quarter hours will also determine your academic standing by year. Here's the math:
- First Year = 0-44 hours
- Sophomore = 45-89 hours
- Junior = 90-134 hours
- Senior = 135+
Are there limits on transferring credit?
足球直播比分There are a few limits on how many credits you can transfer to DU.
- Maximum of 135 quarter hours (90 semester hours)
- If you're transferring from a two-year institution: maximum of 96 quarter hours (64 semester hours)
- You must complete your full senior year at DU to receive a degree (45 quarter hours)
- Associate's degrees don't transfer as a complete whole. We'll evaluate your previous transcript(s) on a course-by-course basis.
Will my grades transfer?
No, grades from past institutions will not factor into your GPA at DU.
Are online courses accepted?
足球直播比分Online courses are not categorically restricted, but may be refused based on instruction methodologies not equivalent to those at the University of Denver.
Do CLEP and DSST exams count for credit?
No, CLEP and DSST exams are not accepted for credit.
Do pass/fail credits transfer to DU?
- Pass/fail classes may be transferred if the passing grade equals a C- (1.7 on a 4-point scale) or better. We'll evaluate these credits individually to see if they fit DU's coursework.
- Pass/fail credits DO NOT fulfill common undergraduate requirements at DU, and can only be used to fill elective credits.
Should I worry about my school's accreditation?
Credits are more readily accepted from institutions with regional accreditation, although credits earned at an institution with national or special accreditation will be considered.
Will physical education credits transfer to DU?
Yes, you can transfer up to a maximum of three quarter hours in three separate physical education activities to DU. Military basic training is also considered for physical education credit.
2197 S. University Blvd.
Denver, Colorado 80208
M - F 8am - 4:30pm