COVID-19 and My Student's Health
Are there any cases of COVID-19 on campus?
Refer to the Coronavirus homepage.
What if my student becomes ill for an extended period of time and falls behind academically?
足球直播比分The University is committed to students' academic success and progression. This will be handled on a case-by-case basis. It is important to know that symptoms of COVID-19 are often mild and it is the expectation that students continue their coursework online should they be isolated or quarantined.
When students experience an illness and are unable to complete their course requirements, they may request a Medical Withdrawal by following guidance from our Student Outreach and Support office, . All situations of illness will be handled on a case by case basis.
Can the health center administer tests for COVID-19 or does my student have to go somewhere else?
足球直播比分If your student is experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, call the HCC at 303-871-2615. Students with these symptoms are advised to not visit the Health & Counseling Center (HCC) without a phone consultation. Staff at the HCC will determine next steps.
The University of Denver is partnering with a health provider to administer test rapidly to those in our community who are symptomatic.
Can my student get care from the Health & Counseling Center even if they are at home?
Yes. The DU Health & Counseling Center is prepared to go online with medical and counseling services. Visit
What health and safety services will DU provide to the community once we've returned to campus?
Please refer to the comprehensive return-to-campus plan.
Will all classes be online?
Fall 2020 courses will be comprised of a mix of in-person, hybrid and online delivery types. The latest statistics from the Registar show only 34% of our classes are fully online. The remaining 66% are a combination of hybrid, lab, performance or lecture thus have face-to-face components.
- Each unit will offer a variety of in-person classes that include the level of engagement and interaction for which DU is known. When assigning classroom space, we will prioritize these high-impact learning courses, as well as those that are most dependent on physical participation in order to be successful.
- Hybrid courses will combine online delivery with some in-person teaching, to ensure that specific learning outcomes and experiences are achieved with creativity and meaningfulness. While subgroups of students may meet in-person on different days of the week, and exams may be offered online, these courses will satisfy all accreditation and visa requirements.
- Online instruction will be reserved for large courses that cannot be delivered on campus in a healthy or safe manner; and those that can be most successfully delivered without compromising the content or the student experience.
Are campus visits, tours or sessions impacted at this time?
The Admissions office is open virtually. The experience includes an , our , and the .
Should my student travel to see family?
Please follow all travel alerts—both domestic and international—closely. Please ask your student to discuss travel plans and share detailed itinerary with families and emergency contacts.
How does the University plan to conduct orientation for new students?
足球直播比分Throughout the summer we will engage new students and their families in a virtual orientation program including Canvas modules, webinars and remote events. We are currently developing a plan for a staggered move-in process and a fall cohort Discoveries Orientation that will include a blend of small in-person experiences, as well as virtual programming.