Travel & Visiting Campus

Travel FAQs

  • Are there any current travel restrictions in place for University travel?

    The University of Denver restricts all non-essential travel for employees and students—domestic and international and extends this recommendation until August 15th.

    足球直播比分For those who receive approval for essential travel:

    • Employees are required to book travel through Pioneer Travel and Expense (log in through )
    • Students are required to register international travel in DU Passport as an 

    All approved travelers and any individuals who travel out-of-state or internationally for personal travel are required to self-quarantine for 10-days before returning to campus if they are arriving from a state or country with greater than 10 new cases per day per 100,000 residents. View our list of restricted travel states here.

    足球直播比分Based on elevated international and domestic travel warnings issued by the  and the , the University cancelled all international programs for the summer quarter and most fall international programming.

  • What if I am planning to travel internationally for academic or business-related activities in the near future?

    Only essential international travel is permissible, and we are strongly recommending that all non-essential international and domestic employee travel be avoided until July 31.

    Essential travel is defined as travel that is required to: preserve the safety and security of students, faculty, staff, research subjects and research activity and which is not possible to be postponed. Essential travel is absolutely and immediately necessary. Essential travel does not include travel to attend professional or educational conferences. Conferences are just one example of non-essential travel – other activities will also be considered non-essential travel.

    足球直播比分If you feel that your upcoming travel constitutes as essential travel, work with your academic dean or division leader to gain approval.

    In light of the fast-changing travel environment, the University requires all future University travel for faculty and staff be booked through the online travel booking tool (Pioneer Travel and Expense) or by contacting Christopherson Business Travel directly at (800)-285-3603 or This eliminates the personal financial risk of a trip being canceled. If you have questions regarding travel booking or canceling an existing flight, please contact Shared Services at 303-871-7420 or Shared Services. For personal travel, travelers may want to consider purchasing travel insurance from a reputable vendor. 

  • Who should I speak with if I am currently overseas for University-related travel and have questions?

    You can contact the University’s International Travel Risk Analyst or contact International SOS — our security and emergency assistance provider — directly any time to speak with a medical and/or security specialist to discuss the current situation and ask any questions that you may have. You can contact ISOS directly by calling +1 215-942-8478 and provide them with our member ID: 11BSGC000067.

  • Can I be reimbursed for airfare if my University-related meeting/conference was canceled?

    足球直播比分The preferred and best methods of purchasing DU-related travel are Pioneer Travel & Expense (Concur), the University’s dedicated online booking system, or Christopherson Business Travel (CBT), the University’s contracted travel management company. The preferred methods offer many benefits (cost savings, ease of use, time savings, traveler support and duty of care), but at a time of significant travel disruption using these recommended tools will ensure you’ll have no issues if travel is canceled.

    University-related travel should be booked through the Pioneer Travel and Expense System (Concur).  If you booked your own travel outside of this system, you may be reimbursed subject to departmental approval. Travel that has been canceled for March and April due to COVID-19 coronavirus concerns should be submitted in an expense report to Pioneer Travel & Expense (Concur) along with documentation of the cancelation and any credits that were received.  If the University reimburses you for canceled travel, the flight credit should be used for future University travel. 

  • Who should I contact with Travel and Expense questions?

    Contact Shared Services at 303-871-7420 or via email at

  • How should I book official University travel?

    The University recommends all future travel for faculty and staff be booked through the online travel booking tool (Pioneer Travel and Expense), or by contacting Christopherson Business Travel directly at (800)-285-3603 or This eliminates the personal financial risk of a trip being canceled. If you have questions regarding travel booking, please contact Shared Services at 303-871-7420.

  • What about fall study abroad?

    The University has cancelled all Office of International Education (OIE) undergraduate study abroad programs for the fall term. In addition to DU partner programs, this cancellation also extends to unaffiliated study abroad programs (AUP/UPP). 


View the Latest Update on Internationalization

Read the Update

Restricted Travel States

DU Community members returning from travel from a state that does not have widespread outbreaks of the virus may return to campus after travel while monitoring symptoms. Widespread is defined as a seven-day average of 10 or more new cases per 100,000 state residents.

足球直播比分Individuals returning from travel from a state that has widespread outbreaks or from international travel will be asked to self-quarantine for 10 days. The list of states exceeding the threshold can be found below.

Updated July 31, 2020

  • Alaska
  • Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • California
  • Delaware
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Iowa
  • Idaho
  • Illinois
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maryland
  • Minnesota
  • Missouri
  • Mississippi
  • Montana
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Nebraska
  • New Mexico
  • Nevada
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • Puerto Rico
  • Rhode Island
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia
  • Washington
  • Wisconsin